Thursday, July 24, 2008

Exclusive Interview

Writer Chick: do you feel as an artist you are responsible or

obligated to set a positive example for your fans through your

music?

buzz: In a way yes because its a responsibility to myself to

b positive and not tell people what to do but just lead by

example , cusp people look up to artist
U may not want the responsibility but its natural

WC: What do you have to offer that’s so different from what

other artists are bringing or have brought to the game

already?

B: My mind is always on something new. I purposely don’t talk

about what everyone else talks about. I know that the talent I

have will keep me relevant.

WC: Who’s your favorite MC?

B: Biggie hands down. Because He’s one of the most vivid

storytellers I ever heard . Downfall and You’re Nobody

Till’ Somebody Kills You are classics.

WC: So speaking of your unique talent, tell me a little about

The Dream Come.

B: It’s my first big step. I always wanted to release a CD . I

wanted to demonstrate my versatility and talent as an

artist/producer. But this project has been a product of

frustration in a good way.

WC: What was the frustration?

B: Bin producing for 4 years and hardly had any solid material

out . working wit some artist was like trying put a square peg

into a piece made for a triangle , makes me look dumb but no

just stubborn to think I can make it work but den I wised up

seeing it wasn't a rite fit so I took things into my own

hands. did everything myself

WC: I bet that was a draining process.

B: kinda Draining but more enlightening , no one really

helped me make it but there r people who helped me push it

who were there from b4 , well b4 hand I was given pointers

so I told a slim lie but as for written producing and

recording myself that’s what I mean by no help making it

WC: What is your favorite song on The Dream Come True mixtape?

B: Two songs. Dolla and a dream and One Shot. They are the

realest to me and they can uplift anybody.

WC: If you had 60 seconds to pitch your music to an industry

insider who would it be and why?

B: I wouldn't say nothing at first I'd have a boom box or my

mp3 playing my songs I rather show that I can make the music

let my talent do the talking id play the first verse on one

shot that will sum up my drive and what I represent overall

WC: How will you remain grounded as your fan base grows?

B: I’m modest. I know there’s always someone out there working

to be better than me and it can happen. My family and friends

,I don act like I live in the clouds.

WC: What about if you’re out with your family or handling

business matters and a fan comes up to pester you for your

autograph?

B: They get an autograph. If you connect with your fans they

will respect you more and give you a break. But if you’re mean

they will harass you. It’s like telling a kid Santa is not

real. He gets mad and lashes out (Laughs).

WC:You know that with fame comes groupies. How will you handle

your female fans?

B: I can’t say I have not been in a situation like that yet. All I

can say is that I will handle it accordingly. Not to say that

I would get with them. I’ll just handle it when it comes. I

will have full control of the matter.

WC: So in other words you’ll do a Shaq and pay your groupies

off to be silent?

B: I’m not paying anyone. That’s where he messed up (laughs).

WC: If you had 60 seconds to pitch your music to an industry

insider who would it be and why?

B: I know that the most important people are never seen.

Whoever has the most pull is who I’m looking for.

WC: What advice would you give to other aspiring

rappers/producers that are writing, producing, marketing, and

financing their own projects?

B: Get ready for a headache. (Laughs). just don’t wait on

anybody if u have to get a job on the side do so or I would

advise them to get enough people who believe in them to help

fund their movement.

WC: Very nice. One more thing how can fans reach you and get

more information on The Dream Come True?

B: They can check out my Myspace page

http://myspace.com/buzzbeatzz or

http://www.soundclick.com/buzzdabeast. They can also e-mail me

at buzzbeatzz@gmail.com.

WC: Thank you. Best wishes for much success!

~Writer Chick

No comments: